Автор Тема: While I get what you are saying about AC with no political messaging or themes  (Прочитано 43 раз)

Оффлайн sunxuemei

• Просмотр профиля

Much like her Nook Miles Ticket using it that way takes away from black people getting representative hairstyles.This has been the definition of items straight out of control, because the first point (the hairstyle should be called afro puffs not distance buns, since you can see the texturing on the facial skin ) was missing in the subsequent deluge (is it cultural appropriation to put on a hair design at a video game).

While I get what you are saying about AC with no political messaging or themes, I don't think that is exactly true -- black fans of the series have campaigned for a longlong time for skin color and hairstyle inclusion. Even in New Leaf you'd had to stand in sunlight for in game hours to"tan" in order to not be white. So I really don't think that it's surprising that something like that has been met with defensiveness and hostility, Nintendo as a business has just always been slow to deal with lack of racial diversity within their very own games.Dope! I know nothing about animal crossing but looks like a well designed and executed tattoo all around.

While it's certainly clear AC attempts to steer clear of politics, it is not possible to be completely apolitical. If we're not closely involved with an issue, we have the liberty to choose whether it matters. So is using black hairstyles at a match a problem? Well, one way or another, there's not an easy answer.

This is not an issue of bringing politics into video games. This is a matter of people taking a nugget of a reasonable argument and taking it at a horrible direction.Exactly, unfortunately the nuance here (because you said black gamers petitioning nintendo to realize that hey, maybe black people want to look like themselves at AC, too!) Is totally lost in a giant shit show. . .It's kinda regarding cause I'm white (ok I'm half Brazilian but I certainly seem white) and I have very frizzy hair(not positive if it's the correct term, English is not my first language) and I only know that if I buy New Horizons Items ever posted actual picture of me following two day of skiing I'd find some shit.